Whereas structural and political conditions as framework conditions are very important for ULLL programs, pedagogical approaches and concepts and their implementation in adequate forms of teaching and learning seem to be less in focus.
Considering the diversity of students who (re-)enter higher education as lifelong learners with a variety of experiences from their professional and academic backgrounds this focus seems to be of high relevance. Therefore, this eucen CoP puts pedagogical approaches and teaching and learning practices at European universities in the center.
Questions we want to discuss
- How do we appreciate the students’ competencies and experiences in ULLL programs?
- How do we integrate professional knowledge and experiences in adequate forms of teaching and learning?
- Which pedagogical approaches or concepts do we use to capture the integration of theory and practice in ULLL?
- What preconditions – both from teachers and from students – are necessary?
The purpose of this eucen CoP is to explore the different landscapes of teaching and learning practices in ULLL programs
Who should join
We are interested to exchange with eucen members who are dealing with teaching and learning practices in ULLL programs from various perspectives (e.g. as teachers, tutors, study program developers, educational scientists) with the perspective on the integration of theory and practice. We welcome national and institutional variety to learn from cultural and institutional differences.
This eCoP is co-chaired by:
- Prof. Dr. Eva Cendon, Professor for University Continuing Education and Teaching & Learning, FernUniversität in Hagen (DE)
- Prof. Dr. Uwe Elsholz, Professor for Lifelong Learning, FernUniversität in Hagen (DE)
What to do if you are interested?
Visit the section “About” in this website and download, fill in and send back the registration form that you will find there.
For general questions or requests, please contact email@example.com