The aim of this eCoP is to share and develop best practices and tools for the financial management of continuing education/lifelong learning.
This eCoP will focus on the financial dimension of continuing education both at the institutional level and at the level of individual programs.
a) Financing of continuing education at the institutional level
- Sources of funding for continuing education activities at the level of a center/unit
- Meeting the challenge of balancing the social mission and the commercial mission
- Financial management principles at the level of a center/unit (e.g. mutualisation of profits/deficits of programs, etc.)
b) Financial and accounting principles for continuing education programs
- How to properly ensure the self-financing and financial sustainability of individual programs?
- Which costs to take into account and how to assess them: approaches and tools for full costing of individual programs (taking into account direct and indirect costs)
- Finding an equilibrium between various costs: cost structure of programs
- Setting the right price for individual programs
- Financial incentives for course organizers
- Sharing profits and/or covering losses
This eCoP is co-chaired by:
- Juan Carlos Rodriguez Rodriguez, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid (ES)
- Pascal Paschoud, Formation Continue UNIL-EPFL University of Lausanne and Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (CH)
Who should join
This eCoP is for professionals who are dealing with financial questions at the operational, policy or strategic level: directors, deans, administrators, accountants, vice-presidents.
What to do if you are interested?
Visit the section “About” in this website and download, fill in and send back the registration form that you will find there.
For general questions or requests, please contact email@example.com